1. Contest runs from 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, December 10, until 11:59 p.m. EST, on Thursday, December 26. The winning participant will be chosen and notified by Western Carolina Properties on December 28th at the latest.
2. The official time will be monitored by Western Carolina Properties staff using a computer in Western Carolina Properties' Cullowhee office. Entries submitted after 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, December 26 are ineligible, null, and void. Western Carolina Properties is not responsible for any entries that are not received for any reason by the close of the contest.
3. To submit a photo, comment on the contest post with your holiday picture.
4. The participant whose post is selected by "Comment Picker," a random winner generator for comments of a Facebook giveaway or contest, wins, so long as the participant satisfies the contest eligibility requirements and complies with these contest rules.
5. You can submit only one picture.
6. You may submit your picture until the contest is closed.
7. To be eligible to participate in the contest, a participant must both like and follow Western Carolina Properties page on Facebook; must be at least 18 years old; and, must be a U.S. resident. Western Carolina Properties employees are not eligible to win. The winning participant may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility to receive the prize.
8. Participants are prohibited from submitting any content that is offensive, vulgar, defamatory, violates the intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party, violates any law, or is contrary to Western Carolina Properties' mission. Western Carolina Properties has sole discretion to determine whether any post violates these contest rules and may immediately remove any such post and disqualify the participant who posted it.
9. As an irrevocable condition of entering this contest, you are conclusively deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules.
10. If the participant whose picture is selected does not satisfy the contest eligibility requirements and comply with these contest rules, the eligible participant whose compliant picture receives the next randomized draw will be selected as the winner.
11. Western Carolina Properties will comment on the post that is randomly selected and will instruct the participant who posted the comment to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange receipt of the prize. The winning participant must come to Western Carolina Properties' Dillsboro location to pick up the prize. If that participant does not email Western Carolina Properties within 48 hours after Western Carolina Properties contacts the participant, that participant forfeits the prize, and the prize will be offered to the next place participant.
12. The winning participant will receive a $50 Visa gift card. The gift card can’t be transferred or redeemed for cash, and must be used by the card's expiration date. The winning participant is solely responsible for any taxes or fees related to the prize. Neither Western Carolina Properties nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns will be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or other claims incurred as a result of the use of the prize.
13. By participating in the contest, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Facebook from and against any claims, known or unknown, in connection with this contest.
14. You acknowledge and agree that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
15. All text, photos, drawings, and other content (“Materials”) submitted by you shall become the sole and exclusive property of Western Carolina Properties, and Western Carolina Properties shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials. Western Carolina Properties may use, reproduce, and distribute Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created — throughout the world and for any purpose — without compensation to you of any kind. By submitting Materials, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe the intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party, and you have the right to transfer the Materials to Western Carolina Properties.
16. You acknowledge and agree that Materials you submit will be available for viewing and commenting on by the public. You acknowledge that comments you disagree with or are unhappy about may become associated with Materials you submit. By submitting Materials, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials.
17. You agree to hold Western Carolina Properties and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue — any claims of any nature arising in connection with Western Carolina Properties' use of the Materials.
18. Your participation in the contest is conclusively deemed to be permission for Western Carolina Properties to use your name if you win the contest, to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by Western Carolina Properties, unless prohibited by law. Western Carolina Properties may also require the winning participant to execute a publicity release.
19. This contest is null and void where prohibited. No purchase or consideration of any kind is necessary to participate.
20. Western Carolina Properties reserves the right to change these rules or discontinue the contest at any time in its sole discretion.